Whats the opportunity?
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, committed, reliable administration officers based out of our branches. This diverse role involves handling all aspects of the local branch administration, including communication with parents, book keeping, engaging with Amirs and Teachers and maintaining student data and progress records. This role requires creativity, leadership and drive.
The Administration role is an excellent opportunity to be part of the exciting future of Safar Academy and playing a pivotal part in enabling our vision of ‘inspiring the next generation.
|Job Post:||Administration officer|
|Contract Length:||1 Year renewable|
|Salary:||Good competitive salary – based on experience|
|Location:||Safar branches depending on vacanciesEnfield, Edmonton, North Finchley, Slough & Harlow|
|Start Date:||New Academic Year|
|Hours||Branches operate on Saturday and Sunday Mornings – both days compulsory|
|Responsible to:||Business Operations Manager and Branch Amir|
Why join Safar?
- One of the leading weekend schools in London with 5 branches in London and established since 1998.
- Innovative, comprehensive & renowned in house syllabus recognised across UK and worldwide
- Safar Academy have a business operations manager who will provide support and guidance.
- A dedicated Amir (branch head) per branch providing branch leadership
- Ongoing training, tarbiyyah and personal development for admin staff.
Duties for admin staff includes:
- Main port of contact between Parents and Safar Academy and using range of communication methods to keep parents informed i.e. emails (Mailchimp), letters, texts (Textlocal) and phone calls.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining student registers to support teachers and amirs and where required contact parents for any absences or lateness.
- Maintaining all updated student information records including address, health notes etc. alongside progress records
- Ensure spend on expenses of branch is within budget set at start of year.
- Processing fees from parents and setting up direct debits (GoCardless) where possible and chasing fees and putting together an effective plan to meet fees deadlines for parents with overdue payments
- Supporting the planning for next academic years by oversighting downpayments process (confirming students for next academic year)
- Managing the student intake process and waiting list records
- Ensuring staff records (contact details, DBS & training certificates are up to date)
- Excellent attendance and punctuality through out term times
- Work effectively with administration officers in other branches where appropriate.
- Sharing best practises across Safar
- Complete compulsory training required (child protection, health and safety etc)
- Participate in end of year preparations (presentation day, trips, workshops)
- Attend administration training sessions and 3 admin meetings per year to understand processes within Safar
- Support the online training area by writing up training content to support other/new staff
Relevant & Desired Skills
Safar Academy is dedicated to protecting children and young people. All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.